This healing recipe is Inspired by Maangchi korean steamed pear recipe called Baesuk.
Pear, according to TCM, regenerates body fluids, dissolves mucus, lubricate the throat, etc. Together with red dates, ginger & pine nuts, traditionally this delicious dessert recipe is known to treat cold symptoms such as sore throats & coughs.
Nurturing Steamed Pear with Red Dates, Grated Ginger & Pine Nuts
- 1 x your choice of pear (Bosc Pear, Trout Pear, Korean pear etc)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 x red dates (pit removed & cut in thin slices)
- Cinnamon powder
- Mint leaves
- Boil some water in a large pot
- Cut pear into half, Scoop out the core and remove seeds. Cut the flesh into small pieces
- Divide ingredients between the 2 halves. Firstly, put back the chopped pear, then top with grated ginger, honey, pine nuts and finally the red date slices
- Place the pears into a heat resistant bowl and then put into the large pot with boiling water
- Steam for 30-45 mins on low heat until the pear is tender
- Serve while hot. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and decorate with mint leaves