In Ayurveda, Pitta is one of the three elements (doshas) that govern our body & mind. Composed of fire and water, Pitta dosha controls metabolism and digestion and greatly associated with heat. If you are someone that suffers in summer with these symptoms such as excess stomach acid, heartburn, skin inflammation, it might mean that your Pitta element is out of balance.
To pacify Pitta during summer, drink lots of water and stay with diet that keeps this fiery element in balance. One cooling recipe is this spiced coconut smoothie.
Spiced Coconut Smoothie
- Water and meat from one young coconut
- 2-3 Medjool dates, pits removed, soaked in warm water to soften
- ? tsp. ground cardamom
- ice cubes (optional) if you prefer chilled version.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled if using ice.
Bountiful Bird is inspired by a shared commitment to the values of generosity and freedom which infuse our name. Our mission is to play a part in helping women feel and be the best version of themselves through use of natural remedies to restore balance.
Claim back the unique, confident and full of energy YOU. We hope that here you’ll find path to the well being you deserve.