If you are after a quick and simple recipe with ingredients that you definitely have at home, this is for you.
This recipe is simplified vegetarian version of a popular Indonesian side dish/snack , called perkedel. The original version often include beef/pork mince.
Perkedel (Potato fritter)
Serve: 12 pieces
- 6 x large washed potato of your choice
- 1 x large egg (separate egg white into a small bowl, lightly beaten)
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: chives
- Boil the potatoes in a pot
- Exact timing depends on the size of potato (approx 15-20 minutes). Poke the potato with a fork, paring knife, or skewer at 15mins. If the utensil slides easily all the way to the center, the potatoes are done.
- After cooling for few minutes, peel the potatoes in a large bowl
- Use a fork to roughly mash the boiled potatoes, leave some chunks in, it tastes better
- Seasoned with salt/pepper, do a taste test
- Shape the potato mash into 12 x bite sized patties
- Heat some oil on a non stick flat pan
- Coat each of the patties with egg white, then gently drop into hot oil and fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve while hot
Bountiful Bird is inspired by a shared commitment to the values of generosity and freedom which infuse our name. Our mission is to play a part in helping women feel and be the best version of themselves through use of natural remedies to restore balance.
Claim back the unique, confident and full of energy YOU. We hope that here you’ll find path to the well being you deserve.